Monday, October 26, 2009

Ranbir benefits from Shah Rukh being busy

Aditya Chopra going ahead with first film without SRK

Aditya Chopra is reportedly all set to direct his next film after “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”. It will be a young love story written by him as well.

For the first time, close friend Shah Rukh Khan will not be starring in a movie directed by Adi. As SRK is busy with Farah Khan's film “Happy New Year” and Farhan Akhtar’s “Don 2”, Adi had to come up with a script that required another kind of leading man.

As the need was for a young hero, Ranbir Kapoor is said to be doing the film now.

Is Ranbir on his way to becoming the new Yash Raj Films’ favourite? Looks like he’s at least on his way. Adi’s film will be his third with YRF after “Bachna Ae Haseeno” and the upcoming “Rocket Singh Salesman of the Year”.

Prabhudeva’s girl in Most Wanted?

News is making the rounds that in the sequel of Salman Khan starrer Wanted, Prabhudeva’s rumoured mistress Nayantara will play the lead female role.

Salman Khan’s Wanted helped the industry heave a sigh of relief as the film raked in heavy boxoffice success. Not only did Wanted help bring Salman back on the Bollywood front after four back-to-back flops, but it also was the last saving grace for producer Boney Kapoor. The complete masala entertainer was something the audience was waiting for a long time, and it was but natural that the filmmakers would go in for a sequel. Director Prabhudeva had said before the release of the film, “This film has been carved around Salman’s persona and nobody could have essayed his role. Wanted is a complete entertainer, and it’s been a while since a film like this has surfaced.”

After the mega success of the film, Boney Kapoor began contemplating the sequel tentatively titled Most Wanted, and sources say Prabhudeva insisted on having Nayantara play thefemale lead. Nayantara is a big name down south and has several hit films to her name. She is also rumoured to be Prabhu Deva’s mistress, and a source close to the film added, “It’s a known fact that Prabhudeva and Nayantara have been dating for quite a while now. His wife has publicly accused her and has even said that if she was to meet Nayantara in public, she wouldn’t leave her alive. However, Prabhu stays unfazed, and the minute the sequel to Wanted was finalised upon, he suggested her name for the female role. Considering Ayesha Takia has retired from films, he wants Nayantara to make her Bollywood debut with Most Wanted. Boney however isn’t going to let any of the details out soon, as he still needs to finalise several pre-production matters. Salman is very proud of Wanted and cant wait to start on the sequel; the film got him positive reviews from literally every reviewer in town, and it is only natural for him to take the sequel to another level.”

When StarBoxOffice contacted Boney Kapoor, he refused to comment on the matter, but had earlier said, “A lot of hard work has gone into Wanted. The film is my last resort to stay afloat in the industry, and I am blown away with its success. It is only natural for me to take this association with Salman and Prabhu forward, but when the time is right, the things will fall into place.”

Aamir and Tabu in a film together

Aamir and Tabu have not worked together before and they will be paired with each other in Priyadarshan’s serious film on AIDS.

A source tells us that Aamir has agreed to do the film as it is realistic and he wants to contribute to the cause of AIDS through this film, which is only 95 minutes long. Priyadarshan wanted to make this film last year, but he waited to see the reactions to his other realistic film, Kanchivaram. He got a positive response and now he is thrilled about his AIDS film. Aamir and Priyadarshan will team up for the first time if Aamir likes the script as much as the idea of the film.

Tabu hasn’t confirmed her presence in the film. She has previously worked with the director on Hera Pheri, Kaala Pani and Viraasat. She is presently busy with Dr. Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s The Legend of Kunal and romantic comedy Toh Baat Pakki.

Our source tells us that Priyadarshan will now start work on the script and he will take his time to finish it, because he wants the film to be as well-researched and sensitive as possible. He wants Aamir to be part of it because the audience knows that Aamir is very choosy about his scripts and only does quality films. Everybody goes to see an Aamir Khan film as he has one release a year. This could become another phenomenon like Taare Zameen Par.

Tabu and Aamir were part of Fanaa, but they didn't have any scenes with each other.

Kanchivaram won several awards internationally and the National Award in India. Let’s hope the AIDS film does equally well.

Kangana Ranaut harassed by hooligans in Lucknow

No police complaint has been lodged

Kangana Ranaut, who is in Lucknow to shoot for a film, was harassed by a group of hooligans in the Kaiserbagh locality of the city.

Kangana is in the city with co-stars R. Madhavan and Jimi Shergil for the past 10 days to shoot for Anand L. Rai's "Tanu weds Manu".

The incident took place on Sunday (Oct 18) at the Baradari building where the cast and crew were shooting a sequence for the film around 10 pm. It was a holiday, so a huge crowd, over 2,000, gathered around the location.

"It was horrible. A group of youngsters came very close to Kangana, Madhavan and Jimi and started passing lewd comments about her. Some of them also tried to touch Kangana," a crew member told IANS.

However, the police denied the allegations.

"Keeping in view the huge gathering, we had deployed entire force of about four police stations at the Baradari. The director, however, complained that due to the crowd they were having problems in shooting as people were coming into the frames," inspector K.M. Singh of Kaiserbagh police station told IANS.

No police complaint has been lodged.

"We will surely register an FIR if anyone from the crew approaches us with a formal complaint," Singh said.

Rai, who had earlier directed the thriller "Strangers" starring Jimi and Kay Kay Menon, is scheduled to film "Tanu weds Manu" in Kanpur, Faridkot, Patiala and New Delhi in the coming days.

Together: Priyanka and Hrithik

After the super success of Krrish, Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra will reunite for a video for their dear friend and choreographer, Ganesh Hegde.

After the super success of Krrish, Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra will reunite for a video for their dear friend and choreographer, Ganesh Hegde.

Ganesh Hegde’s debut album, G, released in 2005 and did pretty well. That time he had Shah Rukh Khan by his side and that helped promote the album. Thereafter, he has gone been part of SRK’s tours and circle of friends and even choreographs his songs.

‘For his second album, he thought of getting Priyanka and Hrithik. He spoke to them and they immediately agreed as they both are in town. Hrithik is only shooting Guzaarish currently and Priyanka will start Anjana-Anjani next month. Priyanka has shot her segment of the video and Hrithik will 2-3 days to complete his segment, with the perfectionist that he is. He will sport a beard in the video while Priyanka will have a funky look, especially with her blue streaks.’

Our source continues, ‘Hrithik and Priyanka are very sweet people who always support their friends, no matter what. This is their first Indi-pop video and the superstars haven’t charged a penny for it because Ganesh is their friend and they have worked with him several times. Unlike Krrish, this time nobody will complain about Priyanka’s look as she has evolved and been styled very well. Needless to say, both Hrithik and Priyanka are natural dancers. ’

Priyanka Chopra confirmed she was part of the video and that she was thrilled about it. Ganesh’s spokesperson said that an official announcement for the video would be made later on when everything was finalized. Some of the popular songs that Ganesh has choreographed include It’s Magic from Koi Mil Gaya and Main Hoon Don from Don.

Are Akshay and Sonam teaming up?

Buzz is Akshay Kumar and Sonam Kapoor are teaming up for a film being directed by Kunal Kohli.

The film in question is a romantic caper based in Rome, Kunal had been working on the script for a while when he approached Akshay for the lead role. Akshay however found some loopholes in the script and told Kunal to rework on the script. However, he didn’t completely reject the offer and even mentioned Sonam’s name for the female lead. Kunal was over the roof and went around town boasting of Akki being the star of his film.

A source close to the director explained, “After the dud that was Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic, no one really was interested in working with Kunal. Yash Raj too had washed their hands of him and he didn’t have any big banner too support him for his next. He had earlier approached Ranbir Kapoor, Imran Khan, Shahid Kapur and Saif Ali Khan but all of them refused the film. He had even contemplated on playing the main lead himself and that’s when Akshay showed some interest. But rather than keeping it hush hush he was screaming off the rooftops that he’d found the stars of his next film, that’s when Akshay backed out. But you never know these stars they never really can make up their minds, who knows maybe Akshay might give it another thought.”

After Blue's sinking fate, Akki might have a change of heart, pairing with Sonam, which does have a novelty. His pairing with Deepika did not work, maybe Sonam will be his lucky girl, although that idea is also too unlikely since Sonam's films have so far bombed, both with Ranbir and Abhishek- who are no longer doing any projects with her.

When StarBoxOffice contacted Kunal Kohli, he straight out denied the rumours, “It’s not true as it’s too soon to talk about my next film, there’s still a lot of work going into it.” We hope Kunal pulls his socks up soon for if Khiladi Kumar and the Masakalli girl were to be teamed up together, now that would be something indeed!

Karan Johar debuts as designer

His glamorous collection targeted the young



As Bollywood star couple Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri sashayed down the ramp together for the grand finale of the HDIL India Couture Week, they stole hearts with their chemistry.

This was the first time the star couple walked together on the ramp for their friend and filmmaker Karan Johar who in collaboration with designer Varun Bahl presented his men's wear collection on Friday (Oct 16).

Apart from them, Bollywood's young brigade, Imran Khan and Ranbir Kapoor, also strutted down the ramp.

Cheering for all of them were Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne, Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor, Preity Zinta, Kajol, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Farhan Akhtar, Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor, Yash Chopra, Jaya Bachchan, Anupam Kher and Uday Chopra.

"Oh, they looked wonderful together. It didn't look like Gauri was walking the ramp for the first time, as she was walking with confidence. It was a great show," Deepika told IANS.

Johar's collection was glamorous and targeted at today's young generation.

"The line is basically formal but has a rock star feel to it. But it is completely wearable," said Johar.

Black dominated the colour palette and the line had everything, from stylish shirts, sherwanis, coats to hot-pants, slim fit trousers and waistcoats.

The duo had also designed shoes and bags to go with the collection.

Priyanka spotted at Harman’s house

Is a patch-up on the cards?

Priyanka Chopra was on the guest list at the annual Diwali party that the Harman Baweja’s parents, Harry and Pammi, hosted this year.

Surprisingly, she did come for the bash and stayed for a few hours.

After their break-up, Priyanka wasn’t even on talking terms with Harman. In fact, they started talking to each other only during the promotions of their film “What’s Your Rashee?”.

While they were a couple, Priyanka shared very good relations with Harman’s parents and sister Rowena. However, she broke all ties with the Bawejas once she and Harman parted ways.

Apparently she turned up at the Diwali party as the senior Bawejas had invited her.

Is reconciliation with Harman on the cards? We wait and watch.

Is Aditya Chopra behind Rani’s TV debut?

Filmmaker shares good relationship with channel

Rani Mukerji was the last name announced by Sony TV to be the judge in the ongoing dance reality show, “Dance Premier League” (DPL).

Was it Aditya Chopra’s reference that got her the show?

Sony TV and Yash Raj Films (YRF) share a very good business relationship.

It seems that just two days before Sony made the announcement about Rani being part of the show, the channel signed an agreement with YRF for producing exclusive fiction and non-fiction content for the channel. So now, Aditya Chopra and his talented team at YRF will be working as producers to create exclusive content for Sony TV.

Incidentally the timing of both the agreements was quite interesting. YRF’s deal with Sony and Rani being part of DPL happened almost simultaneously.

We wonder whether Rani came as a packaged deal for Sony as part of the agreement with YRF?

Meanwhile, while shooting for the second episode of DPL, Rani communicated with one of the participants using sign language that she had learnt five years ago for her movie “Black”, in which she played a deaf and mute character.

One of the contestants on the show, Vishal, who was considered one of the best, was unfortunately deaf. After his performance, when it was the judges’ turn to comment, all of them spoke but Vishal could not understand a word.

That’s when Rani conversed with him in sign language and even congratulated him for being different. While everyone danced on the sound, Vishal had danced guided by his instincts and that’s what impressed Rani.

Karisma Kapoor is not a big fan of yoga

Pregnant actress prefers gym and walking

Her younger sister Kareena is known for her yoga obsession, but actress Karisma Kapoor, who is a mother of one and expecting a second, says she prefers the "gym and a walk" unlike her sibling.

"Kareena is the yoga endorser (of our family). She gets after us to do yoga. But I am not so much into yoga as she is. She has really taken to it and it's a great form of exercise but I prefer the gym," Karisma told IANS.

"I live a healthy lifestyle. I eat well, but I exercise and do everything in moderation. I go to the gym or for a walk and that's it for me," she added.

Asked about her comments on Kareena's much-hyped size-zero figure, the 35-year-old asserted: "I don't think there's any size zero. I genuinely feel that Kareena just lost all her baby fat. She made herself fit and got the cuts that her body has. She just worked at getting that and has been able to bring that out."