Monday, October 26, 2009

Amitabh gets 1,207 SMSes on birthday

He thanks fans who waited outside his residence

Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan received 1,207 SMSes on his 67th birthday from fans, family and relatives. He says that the deluge of messages jammed his cellphone.

"I feel blessed to have so much love and affection from others. It is the greatest debt that I shall carry to my grave and one that I shall never be able to pay back... Family and friends called me and 1207 SMSes jammed the mobile," Amitabh posted on his blog on Sunday (Oct 11) night.

Big B, as he is fondly called, also had hordes of fans waiting outside his residence to greet him on the occasion.

"It was rough from the early hours of the morning - meeting and receiving the love and affection of the hundreds that were at the gates. Moving out and driving in to our own houses was a mini riot. But the faces that slammed against the walls of the car (windows) were happy ones, excited ones and ones that merely wanted to express love," he posted.

Amitabh also apologised to those "who came with wishes; that came with a desire to meet and greet, that had through great pain and perseverance kept vigil and then lost out on an opportunity to wish me."

"To the hundreds that thronged the three locations Prateeksha, Jalsa and Janak and bore the pushing and shoving of the police and the security, to them I give my gratitude and thanks for taking the trouble to show their affection and love," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment